Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Waiting for my itunes to work

Okay, like ive said ive been pretty busy and also pretty unmotivated to continue writing

But after eating at shabu tei and waiting for this itunes work, i realise that my job on this blog is somewhat of an evangelist... or maybe im putting myself too high on a pedestal.

Anyway my father snob out of a sudden decided to eat shabu tei, it could be the because the previous day mom snob was mentioning that she wanted something hot and soupy for her stomach, or it could be that 30% off bank mega that was available.

We ordered the nz beef for shabu, and my mom had the sukiyaki. The NZ beef for shabu was apparently 120-30 for 6 pieces whereas my mom who had the sukiyaki was only 80, and it seemed she had the same amount as us... it seemed pretty weird considering that the shabu stock was basically msg water, whereas hers there were stock/soyasauce and the lot. I felt terribly cheated.

We also ordered the beef katsu, and lo and behold, they use the beef slices to make the katsu. I mean seriously... what the fuck are you doing there?!

Dad snob was endlessly complaining on how paper thin the beef and how beef slices were used for the katsu?! On top of that, the sauce they provided for the sauce was sambal... I mean i know this is Indonesia and all, but at least serve some bulldog sauce or something. I had to dip it in the goma sauce provided by the shabu shabu to add some flavour.

Goodness, i would never go back there again. The whole day after i was suffering from msg.

No comments:

Post a Comment