Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I have no life

The snob officially has no life. These days i only sleep 4 hours every night, not counting the 1-2 hours of nap time i spent in the car, damn the fucking indo traffic.

Anyway over the weekend i bought this book Jakarta Good Food Guide 2008-2009. Usually i shy away from these books because they dont really give a good account on the food. Its usually waaaayy too polite. And im not too discerning, i rather have in your face, no reading-in-between-the-lines to tell me it actually sucked.

When i read the review for Kinokawa, i knew i had to buy this book. She was spot on and brutally honest. Toro seared on a pan? Man, only idiots would do that. And i ate it, and it sucked big time. I always said time and time again that Indonesian Japanese chefs just dont have the bushido spirit.

The one restaurant i really wanna try is Shy, and i think in the book, its one of the longest reviews that took up to 3 pages.

Over the past few weeks ive eaten in a lot more places with less caution considering i was in singapore and got my stomach checked up. the dr gave me some medicine and now i can take chili and diary products. I'll post them up, one by one, but short entries since i hardly have any time these days...

Let me give you a round up on what i ate and whether you should bother making a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment