Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Katsu-sei Grand Indonesia



Received an email yesterday - "what are you doing tonight"

R requested for japanese food in either Plaza Indo or Grand Indo. The decision was awfully simple since HSBC is having a 50% discount till the end of the month at Katsu-sei.

I dont know why, but i have this knack of suggesting to go and eat japanese food on my vegetarian days... Damn it, im such an idiot...

I arrived there and realised that almost nothing on the menu was vegetarian!

I had the tamago and agedashi tofu served with rice and miso soup. The tamago was surprisingly really good, i finished it up easily, you should order tht as appetiser. The agedashi tofu was up to standard as well.

I was there last month, and i was there on a Saturday so i managed to try the katsu-s. It's pretty good, although on the pricey side. With the 50% discount its a steal. It's probably one of the few authentic Japanese food chains from Japan around.

Its quite sad because although they serve good food, its pretty dead. I've been there twice and its really empty. I only hope more people will eat there, or at least Katsu-sei should decrease their price to better compete with the other players.

Katsu-sei
Grand Indo, Lt 5

No comments:

Post a Comment